Wednesday, August 22, 2012

August 22nd, 2012

Tomorrow is move-in day. Fellow freshman are traveling from different parts of the country and will all converge on 471 acres of the rolling hills of PA. Excitement is busting through the air. Tomorrow I will meet tons of new people, experience the first day, and close it with a candlelight worship service. Needless to say, I'm pumped. Despite the excitement though, there is this creeping fear of the unknown. It slides up behind me, and grabs me by the shoulders. "What if people don't like you? What if you don't fit in? What if you fail at your academic studies? What if you can't pay for this expensive education?" Through it all, God calms the fears and whispers in a quiet, reaffirming voice, "Jacob. I've called you here. Don't worry about people or fitting in. Be who I made you to be and you will be fine. Reflect my Son, and show My love. I will help you with your studies and paying it off. I parted the Red Sea for Moses. Instead of his only son, I gave Abraham a ram to sacrifice. I gave Noah an Ark. Most of all, I gave my Only Son for you. Trust me. I promise "I will never leave you, or forsake you", and, "my grace is sufficient for you." People are praying for you." Fear slides away trembling. It knows it speaks only lies. I feel the peace that passes my understanding fill the gap.



~Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment