Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Be still

Be silent before the Lord and wait expectantly for Him. Psalms 37:7


The simplicity of this statement blows me away. Be silent before the Lord, and wait. As I sit here with my headphones in, planning my busy day out and thinking a million miles a minute. I'll hop into my car later and my phone auto connects to the radio and starts blaring my jams as soon as I'm in the vehicle. At work the headphones go back in, until I leave and the radio takes over again. I get home, plug into speakers, jam on the various instruments around our house, text and talk to people, then crawl into bed with a sigh and get ready to wake up and do it all over again. Maybe I've missed the boat. Perhaps I should unplug and just be silent. No phone. No computer. Just me. Just God. Just waiting. Just being amazed at God.


No comments:

Post a Comment