Monday, January 7, 2013

The way to wake up..

You slumber. And if you are like me, you might slumber long. In fact, slumbering doesn't even do the event justice. The word hibernation might just come close, but still lacks the power to describe my changing sleeping patterns since school let out.

One of my favorite things to wake up and see is the sunrise. From my window I look out over our little country valley and see the silhouettes of trees, passing cars, and golden red rays of the sun just peeking up over the mountains/hills around us. It is needless to say, beautiful. The rising sun reminds me of God's grace. Every day we have a chance to start fresh and begin again. It also lets me know that He is merciful. As Matthew tells us,

"..for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.Matthew 5:45

There are times I fall in the unjust/evil category. But I know I can call on my Father when I fall, when I'm down. He helps me up, cleans the cuts and scrapes, and keeps the sun going.

This morning I couldn't resist the chance to get out and take some pictures. I've included some of my favorites. Most are raw but I put one or two into Lightroom.

















2 comments:

  1. Wow....those are beautiful. There are so many ways to see the glory of God every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are! But we sure do miss the sunsets in Phx. The one's here just don't compare. :)

    ReplyDelete