Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Unfailing love





“How many years have you planned this moment here?”

This thought struck me when I first heard this song.

Have you ever thought about how much God truly loves you? I rarely take the time to just sit down and be amazed; amazed by who He is, what He does, and how He loves.

How many years? How many of the endless years when there was no such thing as time did God plan to show Himself to us in the little things? Maybe He used the field of budding flowers glowing in the sunshine to send me a love note. Did I catch it or did I miss it? Perhaps it was a little special child's smile and voice brightening up your day or maybe it was that starry night, a sunny day, or a random note from someone you love. All these things are whispering a deep, unnoticed tone we can find all around us that says:

“I love you. Through all this world I’m saying I love you and nothing you ever do can earn that love. Nothing you do can ever secure your salvation. It is all up to Me and child, I will keep you; I will keep you safe in My everlasting arms. If these arms hold all the universe why do you think that I can’t hold you? Nothing you do will ever separate you from My love. You can’t run, you can’t hide, and you can’t sin enough that I will reject you. My Son’s blood reaches down and erases those stains from you my child and you are white as snow in My sight. Don’t forget me as I am coming for you. I love you as a husband loves his bride and searches for her. You, not everyone, not the universe, not religion, YOU child are at the center of my heart and I will never, ever forget you.”

Somehow, I’ve heard all this before. You know how you become so familiar with something you forget it? The amazing thing is God knew, before I forgot, that I would forget and that’s why He gives us a chance to see again. To behold His love for us once again as if it is the first time.

Take a moment to see for the first time again.

God loves you, and me so much. I want to challenge you to join me tonight, tomorrow, and everyday you can to just take a moment and relish God’s love. Look for Him in the small things. Start a journal that just remembers all the ways God showed His love to you because His love is the only reason we have to keep going, and shine a light in a dark and dying world.

“May my motto be Father Lord,
Loving because I’ve been loved.”

No comments:

Post a Comment