Monday, June 24, 2013

My plans


The best made plans always can fall through. Sometimes we get hurt, sometimes we get bruised. This life is no game. It hurts, it cuts, and it disappoints.

It disappoints. Well that’s the truth right there.

Sometimes you just want to kick every can in your path because...

well...

just because.

You really just want to take it out on some inanimate object... like a can.

There is really no reason.

You have so much to be thankful for here. You have family who loves you, friends who love you, and a God who loves you. But somehow it all seems like a far away dream. Something in the distance.

The disappointment starts to bring tears.

You can’t stop them because you don’t know what causes them.

Somehow though, you feel ridiculous. I mean, come on Jacob. God has a plan. Yes but.. but..

His plan isn’t my plan.

There we go. That’s the problem.

My plan.

I just want my plan to work out because it’s...well...mine. I mean, come on. I’m comfortable with it cause I designed it. “Designed with Jacob in mind” is at the end of each script I write for my life but yet here He comes, breaking through my plans and saying, “nope not today buckaroo”.

But should I really get upset? No. Do I though? Yes..

He has a plan. It’s not signed, “designed for God by God” but it says “designed for Jacob by God.” I don’t understand why things happen the way He designed.. Why so much hurt and pain in my friends lives, in this whole world? Why do good plans fall apart? Maybe just maybe because he knows what is best for me and I can’t see that right now.

Lord. I don’t understand why you had things happen the way they did; why you came crashing into the scene and changed my plans but help me to see through the discomfort and be able to bring comfort to the hurting all around me. You have a reason and I don’t even ask to see this reason. All I ask is that you help me to trust and obey you. I love and thank you for showing me what needs to change in my life. Help me to trust you. I love You, amen.

2 comments:

  1. For some reason, I went to your blog tonight...which I never do. And there was this. WOW - something I really, really needed to hear right now. Thank you so much for writing it - God just used it to give me a much-needed smack in the face. Keep shining!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lis and Praise the Lord!

    Thanks for checking.. I know I don't give very many reasons to check it as little as I update it. :) Hopefully though, I'll be updating more regularly here now!

    ReplyDelete